Winter Weather Advisory
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST MONDAY
- Accumulating Snow and Gusty Winds Tonight through Monday Morning
- Snow will develop over eastern Iowa and northwest Illinois this evening and continue through the Monday morning commute
- Several inches of snow is expected, along with gusty north winds from 20 to 30 mph.
This will lead to hazardous travel conditions due to the accumulating snow and drifting snow.
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 4 inches.
* WHERE...Portions of east central Iowa and north central and northwest Illinois.
* WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to noon CST Monday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Gusty north winds from 20 to 30 mph will cause considerable drifting snow and slick roads, even after the snow ends Monday morning.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
- In Illinois, go to www.gettingaroundillinois.com for road conditions.
- In Iowa, call 511 for road conditions.