The guys over at Men’s Fitness have put together a nice list of the 50 greatest beers in the world. That seems like a fantastic place to start finding your new favorite. We won’t get to all of them, but we can throw out the highlights from several styles. Here we go!
- IPA - Pliny The Elder (Russian River Brewing Co.) A double IPA that can be tricky to find, but very much worth the effort.
- Stout - Deschutes The Abyss (Deschutes Brewery) – Chocolate and coffee perfection
- Blondes - Gnomegang (Ommegang Cooperstown) – Belgian-style with influences from both sides of the Atlantic
- Pale Ale - Three Floyd’s Zombie Dust (Three Floyd’s Brewing Company) – Another one that can be a bitch to find, but worth it.
- Wheat – Welhenstephaner Hefeweissbler – One of the highest ranked of all German wheats
- Pilsner – Victory Prima Pils (Victory Brewing Company) – Acts light, but packs a punch
- Ale/Porter – Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar (Rogue) – Loads of gold medals here
- Whiskey/Bourbon-Barrel Aged Stout – John John Dead Guy Ale (Rogue) – Aged for two months with flavors you’d find in whiskey and scotch
- Red Ale/Amber – Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale – Twice the Great American Beer festival gold medalist
- Rye/Pumpkin – Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye – The best place to start if you want to dip your tongue into the world of rye.
The COMPLETE LIST is here! C'mon...Friends don’t let friends drink bad beer...