MOLINE, Ill. (KWQC) - I-74 River Bridge officials announced upcoming Illinois-bound traffic pattern changes.
The new changes, which take effect on Friday, Dec. 18, will begin a new pattern for Illinois-bound drivers to allow I-74 construction to continue.
Officials announced the following changes on what drivers will need to look out for:
- Get to know your route
- Two routes will be provided to get to Illinois – one will provide access to downtown Moline, and the other to Avenue of the Cities, John Deere Road, and I-280.
- Getting to downtown Moline
- Motorists on Illinois-bound I-74 must take Exit 4 to Grant Street/US 67 and continue on to State Street to take the on-ramp to the old bridge.
- Motorists in downtown Bettendorf can access the old bridge using the existing ramps at either State Street or Grant Street/US 67. After crossing the bridge, motorists will need to exit at either River Drive or 7th Avenue.
- Getting to Avenue of the Cities, John Deere Road, and I-280
- Motorists on Illinois-bound I-74 must take the route provided on the new bridge.
- Motorists in Iowa will need to access Illinois-bound I-74 at or north of Middle Road. Illinois-bound traffic will then take the new Iowa-bound bridge in a two-way, head-to-head traffic configuration. The first Illinois exit available on this route is Avenue of the Cities.
- 7th Avenue & 19th Street
- 7th Avenue and northbound 19th Street will remain closed. After the Illinois-bound I-74 traffic change is in place, contractors will re-stripe the 7th Avenue/19th Street intersection. This work is weather-dependent, and updates will be provided as we get closer to the date.